1. Deliberate Overestimation
2. Workers SubstitutionBe sure you know the differences among junior, middle, and senior developers. The amount of qualifications and expertise make a developer junior or senior. Junior couldn’t do without the eternal assistance of more qualified programmers. They can struggle with essentials of a certain programming language. Middles are much more experienced and can tackle problems again using new pitches. Seniors are able not only to code perfectly but also to design effective solutions. And here is the thing: when you outsource a Senior make sure that this very Senior continues working on developing your software. Sometimes to cut costs outsourcing companies can “trade up” a Senior for Junior. This kind of cheat affects the quality and productivity.
4. Effort and Money SpentSome developers like to double or triple the time they spend on coding. They will sound off about a lot of time and efforts they spent on solving various issues. But they are really not so busy with your software, they are just playing off. Learn to distinguish when you are told the bare truth, and when people are just trying to pull the wool over your eyes. If you can’t estimate the time required to produce a web product, hire a professional who could do this instead of you.
6. A Pile of OffersDouble check to be sure you really need so many services as you are offered to order. You must be completely sure that you need bug fixing or custom design for your app right now to order the services. Bear in mind that outsourcing companies will offer you as many services as they are able to provide in order to earn extra money.
7. Quality Assurance TestingTesting and bug fixing is a guarantee of your project running correctly. QA services are not very expensive and are usually included in estimates. But they add to the total price you will pay for the development. Not to be deceived about QA you must be 100% sure about the testers competencies as well as about their existence. Hold a meeting or use a pre screen interview to get more information about a person who’s doing testing.
10. Double PlayHave you ever noticed that your developers play a double game? Consider this for a moment: your employees are offered to work on more beneficial terms than they do. You can lose your specialist while he is considering the higher rates. Probably you will be offered another one or just won’t be told that your team member has been replaced by another person. If you have reasonable grounds for suspecting that something is under wrap, ask point-blank your contractor about this problem.
5 Tips to Avoid CheatingAs you see there are a lot of ways you may be deceived by outsourcing companies. It’s very important to trust software development to a proven company. But what if you are a beginner? Adhere to the following guidelines while choosing developers:
- Read reviews and feedbacks about the company before placing your order.
- Get acquainted with all team members in person or via video calls.
- Follow your employees on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter to know more details about their working experience and core technical skills. Following on Social Media will help you also get in touch fast with them or even interact on private topics. It helps to strike up a friendship with your workers.
- Monitor the operating progress regularly and manage your employees time with special time tracking apps if needed.
- Hire an independent auditor to estimate time and efforts required for the software development as well as to evaluate the quality of the completed tasks.
Use these helpful tips and tricks to succeed in outsourcing your technical assignments to other countries of the globe. In case you are having any doubts about your project or need to get recommendations from experienced developers we are here to help you at any time.