What’s your first association with these three magic letters: CRM? Most likely, it’s about clients, shopping, and digital technologies. Bingo! The mentioned abbreviation covers miscellaneous systems focused on improving the customers’ experience during interaction with businesses. Modern CRM for online retail are rooted in old-fashioned strategies firstly designed for brick-and-mortar shops. But today clients migrate to the Internet, so let’s talk about digital solutions a bit.
Despite the slowing growth rates, the e-commerce sector increases both sales and the number of buyers which are predicted to reach $4.8 trillion and 2.1 billion, respectively, by 2021. The current trend is promising as the industry share in 2018 was 11.9% of the global retail sales including land-based ones. These figures and the whole online retail market would be impossible without the major driving force – clients.
Hence, we want to cover vital points of interest for each e-commerce merchant working as B2C (business-to-customer). Read on to find basic CRM B2C deliverables for online retail, primary advantages, and more sophisticated approaches for improving your team’s efficiency. The last section features info about our squad of skilled experts who are ready to launch a fully-custom product for your online trading platform.
Understanding CRM B2C Requirements for Online Retail
Classic CRM is a solution used for managing collaborations between a business and a client. It means that even sheets with personal phone numbers or Excel files with pending orders are CRM tools but they are heavily outdated and inefficient. Nowadays, we consider CRM as a digital fully-functional system which cares about leads, communications, purchases, stats, financial reports etc.
Particularly, CRM for online retail must be adapted to e-commerce needs. For instance, it should track all the available users’ data (e.g. interests, shopping behavior, and personal info), gather it in the single place, and provide quick smooth access from any place. Generally, tools must pursue two key goals: to boost sales and to improve the company’s reputation/awareness. Perfect CRM software facilitates every phase of the customer lifecycle.
The Customer Cycle
Experienced entrepreneurs should know what the customer lifecycle means. Now, you can get it learn new useful tricks related to using a CRM for online retail sales. The mentioned idea stands for a global process when businesses deliver their offers to acquire clients, sell products, retain existing customers, and create brand advocates.
Now, let’s check the cycle stages.
The first step relates to the marketing process. It includes placing promos like paid or real reviews, articles, videos on YouTube etc. Be sure that you know your target audience and deliver ads via right channels, so potential buyers will increase awareness about the brand. Use both SEO tool and creative approaches like contests.
The second stage stands for attracting clients and forcing them to evolve from leads into real buyers. Consider studying both the market and your company, so you will know how to meet demands. Focus on products you create but also remember about marketing tricks like studying when visitors leave the site.
This one marks the moment when visitors make their first purchases. Continue working to develop stable relations. Here are some tips:
- Understand CRM B2C deliverables for online retail.
- Create sections for feedback and complaints.
- Provide recommendations based on purchases.
- Use backward analytics to predict future needs.
Retention is essential as it facilitates the company’s growth when clients return and buy again. Implement personalized approaches to keep users, try various loyalty programs, discounts, and so on. Make the most of feedback by checking the level of happiness and improving products.
Advocacy or Separation
The last part of the chain splits into two polar paths.
In the first case, your efforts with CRM for online retail result in the perfect outcome because clients become brand advocates. Totally satisfied, they will return to boost your company’s popularity and revenue.
Otherwise, customers may leave unhappy and decide to never return. Regardless of whether they write furious reviews or quietly forget about your shop, they are already lost. Don’t give up and use the power of CRM to re-engage visitors.
Using a CRM for Online Retail Sales
And what about boosting your CLM and making the e-commerce business more profitable? CRM tools are perfect for these goals. Such solutions automate each of the aforementioned stages and free your staff from routine manual works. Thus, workers and managers can focus on creative tasks to enhance the shop’s results even more.
It may be difficult to realize how CRM B2C requirements for online retail are important but it’s much easier with the single figure: 80% of the customers told they would stop interacting with a company due to the inferior service.
This takes us to key CRM impacts divided into two categories.
Influence on Businesses
Further, check the major benefits of CRM for online retail facilities:
- Better understand clients and markets.
- Attract and retain customers efficiently.
- Cut costs related to managerial tasks.
- Integrate with e-commerce platforms.
Influence on Clients
Similarly, look through CRM B2C deliverables for online retail. Despite such systems don’t benefit users directly, they improve their experience with:
- More personalized offers.
- Unique suggestions and bonuses.
- Top-notch support service.
- Faster processing of orders.
Key Reasons You Need Custom CRM for Online Retail
For more detailed features of tailor-made CRM software, navigate through the next list. It includes the most important benefits of custom solutions in comparison with ready-made alternatives:
- Total customization. Depending on the company’s business processes, you can add the highly required functions. Even the largest e-commerce teams or shops with unique demands can benefit from customizable solutions.
- Lack of redundant features. On the other hand, small companies can save on extra modules and functions which they don’t need. Packaged solutions often come with a lot of unnecessary things but with custom ones you can cut costs greatly.
- One-time payment without fees. Usually, tailor-made software features one single payment and quote-based price. Means, you can agree on the final cost with developers and get the perfectly suitable system without hidden costs.
In addition, self-created software provides for basic benefits which you will appreciate, for sure. CRM gathers data and update user profiles, analyzes customers’ behavior and delivers personalized offers, targets the audience efficiently, and boosts your customer support team.
Different online shops may have different purposes, so always analyze your demands and goals beforehand. According to it, you will be able to find the best CRM solution.
The Process of Launching Tailored CRM
Now, let’s move to the main stages of developing and integrating your perfect custom CRM. These points should help you in defining the best way to deploy software.
1. Set Objectives
Simply, write down the most important goals and requirements to CRM. They should match your business needs perfectly, so you will be able to get the best results from software. Think about e-commerce complex strategy which should help to set right goals.
2. Add Features
Remembering about objectives, similarly, write down the desired features. Better, start with necessary ones which will be integrated into an MVP. Also, you can include more advanced things to realize later. Be sure to consult with your team and developers.
3. Find a Developer
Here’s the most important step. So far as numerous companies create software solutions, you should look really carefully. Read about teams, check reviews and portfolios, focus on developers with result-based approaches. We will cover this question further.
4. Know Limits
Finally, don’t expect too much from CRM. It can’t solve all issues but will significantly boost your sales if built correctly. While CRM has limitations (e.g. it’s focused on customers only), the system has enough potential and efficiency.
Choosing Perfect Providers
Now it’s clear that Customer Relationship Management software is crucial for businesses which want to expand in the e-commerce industry. So, it’s time to review the solutions and developers of CRM.
The first category of creators are companies which deliver ready products. With prepackaged solutions, you will not be able to add or remove main content, so such CRM for online retail are pretty limited. For example, small shops don’t require a lot of features but will have to pay high fees for them while large enterprises will feel a bit narrow.
However, there is another category which consists of CRM with quote-based costs. These products are tailor-made and customizable because developers create them for each customer exclusively. Here are some tips on choosing the best vendor of custom solutions:
- Focus on outsourcing. Rather than building your own IT department, better pass on development tasks to professionals. This helps to save on salaries and get perfectly-designed CRM simultaneously.
- Check portfolios. Look at previously developed products of the company. If they look good and, especially, are similar to your needs, then all right! As well, look for teams which have solid experience in creating e-commerce projects and web versions.
- Know about technologies. For creating efficient CRM systems, developers use various tools but some of them are more useful than others. Look for teams which know .NET, Java, SQL, Angular, Oracle, HTML, and CSS.
- Look for quote-based prices. Some custom developers feature hourly rates and fees, similarly to traditional vendors. However, we highly suggest choosing one-time payments which include all products and services. This approach is more profitable in the long run.
- Read feedback. Be sure to check clients’ real reviews. You can go to websites of the chosen developers’ partners or use aggregators like Clutch. Be critical and remember that some companies post paid reviews.
- Contact personally. By interaction with partners (either in real life or online), you can know them better and understand the potential of future cooperation. Feel free to ask about prices, previous projects, and potential limitations.
In our company, we work on unique stuff, so you can start using a CRM for online retail sales right after its launch. If your company need to adapt good CRM solution or want to support existing software, contact us and we will handle these tasks to deliver the top-rated application.