Oftentimes, CRM implementation projects fail. There are a lot of reasons why this happens but the main one is that clients strive to skip all the stages of implementation. This approach could actually automate your business, cut costs and resources. But do you really want to compromise between automation and the quality of your CRM?
We have prepared a compelling guideline on CRM implementation. CRM systems are aimed at streamlining a business of any size, implementing enterprise software on time and errors free. Below are the main steps of implementing a CRM system.
3 stages of carrying out CRM projects
Our company has 7 years of experience of creating different customer relationship management software, from small to multi-functional solutions. We have written this guideline based on our experience and expertise in this domain.
Stages within a company: Planning, CRM choice, requirements capture
Stage 1 – Planning
Very often this stage is skipped by companies. Unfortunately, this shows that the customers are slightly interested in the project. Every single employee should understand the importance of cooperation. The key target of management is to initiate the task force including the representatives from each of the departments. The group should be made of top managers or the most expert employees. It should not be taken as a formality. The task force should really work and commit to meeting common goals. Here are the main planning steps:
Define the objectives and tasks of CRM implementation. You should imagine a specific result. For example, to increase the number of processed leads up to 30% per timeron. Tasks are stand-alone issues to be resolved like to establish business processes, to improve the newsletter, to organize the workgroup scheduling, etc. To determine the need for one or another feature, you should ask yourself “why?” and answer this question. Here are the examples of tasks:
The similar table may contain the information about the main users. These people may write down their own requirements to the system so that you see the similar requirements and choose a single configuration for several users.
Calculate the min and max budget. Your vendor must actively participate in this process to estimate the cost of the project. However, you may announce the limits, for example, not higher than $50,000 dollars per project. Don’t forget that the majority of CRMs are delivered as SaaS solutions which leads to monthly expenses. You should distinguish SaaS and cloud solutions as SaaS.
Let’s also mention that there are no free solutions that will meet completely your corporate needs. In any case, you will pay for any kinds of add-ons or reengineering, technical support, plugins and widgets, development, etc. Marketing approaches presuppose that you will once choose the paid services.
Analyze business models of your company. Define the key and additional processes, the frequency, the people who are responsible for these processes, deadlines, resources, etc. Don’t believe those people who say that you don’t have any models – you may be in chaos but this chaos is your business model.
You probably don’t have a unified structure but you should actually know what goods or services you sell, how often you sell, what inventory you have, what you supply chain looks like, etc. This model allows forming the initial requirement to the CRM application development, for example, the obligatory integration with the website, warehouse, production type, etc. All in all, you work in the way you used to. Try to organize all these things and understand what processes could be improved. Automation is a perfect period to review the flow and move to a new level.
Analyze the software that has already installed at your company. Check all the software that is used, look at the tasks it completes. In case a CRM system will double some program solutions. It’s a normal practice to change the software as you reach the cost-benefit balance. There is a special term SAM that stands for software asset management. The SAM specialists are busy with optimization of software in a company. This approach is the best practice of IT infrastructure management. Don’t be afraid to refuse to use the legacy software.
Define a number of users. There are some aspects you should pay attention to: 1. Remote employees. They must have access to a CRM so that they feel comfortable to work in your company and you don’t lose any data. 2. Employees that often work remotely. It can cut costs in the following way: while your employees are absent another people could work using their credentials. This practice is often used by billing systems and document management systems as well. 3. Don’t forget to calculate the management and an administrator. Sometimes, they are forgotten while estimating the scope of the project.
Create a schedule and align your goals with a vendor. The schedule is something that disciplines.
Stage 2 – CRM choice
The choice of a required CRM is a daunting task. Once you googled “a CRM”, you will be able to see dozens of offers on the market. It’s unreal to try and test all of them that’s why below are some criteria affecting the choice:
- popular and well-known CRMs
- the systems reviewed by trusted bloggers and experts on the websites with a high DA
- the systems checked and tested by CRM software development experts
- your colleagues and friends recommendations from the same business domain
Such systems are often successfully implemented, developed, with a high level of quality.
This guide will help you learn about top must-have features of CRM systems.
Stage 3 – Requirements capture
What other aspects you should pay attention to while choosing a CRM system?
- Scalability. Business is forever changing. Different departments and offices are established, the number of employees increases, etc. Any system should be scalable – new employees and departments should be automated on the fly. It’s very important that this scalability has a reasonable cost
- Technical support. This is what any CRM development company should provide. You should pay attention to the agreement and the scope of technical support defined there. There are two types of tech support: free support and paid support package. You can buy a yearly support and consult an expert
- Integration. CRM systems should not only share the data with other systems but allow to adjust the integration and management.
- The frequency of updates. Any software updates and you should make clear how often the software updates
- System requirements. CRM systems may inquire the paid SQL server or a specific database management engaging huge resources
- Delivery and engagement models. We have mentioned that CRMs could be delivered as SaaS solutions (monthly payments), on the promise (licenses, you pay once a year)
What is important?
- Make sure that you understand completely the final cost of the license, implementation, and initial set up. Note that a good vendor will never say the approximate price of extra development or add-ons. He will estimate the exact cost of these services.
- Sign an agreement with a CRM developer and read every single paragraph (you may consult a lawyer).
- Check what features and options are paid.
Once you made clear all terms and conditions you are able to cooperate with a vendor. Don’t hesitate to ask your vendor the questions that bother you. Share the details of your business goals and gaps. This will ensure successful custom CRM development and implementation in your company.
Business growth and CRM systems
At the beginning of a business, overseeing data about your contacts and clients isn’t troublesome. In any case, as your business develops, you get more clients and contract more workers, data about contacts gets scattered crosswise over spreadsheets, scratch pads, sticky notes, and recollections. Business development is an awesome thing and with it, comes the need to arrange your data. That is the place a CRM – a Customer Relationship Management arrangement – is helpful.
In any case, there are many CRM arrangements and they run from allowed to a huge number of dollars a month.
To enable you to pick the best CRM, we’ve arranged the most prescribed CRMs for independent ventures and new businesses. We’ve gathered surveys, features, and similar highlights of each to enable you to assess the best CRM that suits your business needs.
What are the advantages of a CRM framework?
The five noteworthy advantages of a CRM framework are:
- Contact information capture. CRM causes you sort out data about your contacts. This enables your group to monitor who a client has addressed and what they talked about. In deals, this data gets your group in agreement to run your business procedure easily.
- Deals revealing. Track share fulfillment and measurements, for example, messages sent, calls made, gatherings booked, and bargains shut to comprehend what your group is doing great and what to make strides.
- Sales forecasting. Try not to depend on convoluted Excel recipes or back-of-the-napkin math. A decent CRM framework produces an exact deals pipe for you, making it less demanding to conjecture deals and deal with your group’s pipeline.
- Clients segmentation. Portion your contacts by properties, for example, area, bargain size, or close date, to find the hottest leads and focus on them.
- Scaling sales. A repeatable deals process is critical to testing new deals movements and systems. The information you keep in a CRM framework will enable you to spot viable and incapable examples in deals practices. This will enable you to develop your business viably.
How can business software development enhance your workflow?
We conducted a research on the criteria to consider when choosing the best CRM for small business, middle-sized and large companies. Below are our observations:
- With a good CRM, you are able to create new contacts and add them to your database immediately from your email.
- Update the contacts regularly. The best CRM systems update your contacts automatically by syncing with your database.
- Perform sales activities automatically. Good system will allow you to take notes, make calls, write emails and assign tasks automatically. Send optimized sales emails in less time
- Modern systems will notify you as soon as your email is opened so that you can follow up on time.
- With CRM mobile app development, it became possible to manage customer relationships in real time from any place.
We provide all types of CRM development services so you are free to ask our developers your questions concerning the happy choice, technologies, and realization process.