As Business Analyst, you will be responsible for gaining an understanding of our client’s business needs and using the Flexcube platform to develop functional solutions. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining project documentation and information in support of multiple implementations. We are looking for candidates that have knowledge of Core banking systems, Accounting, and Banking Operations.
Act as the primary contact for Flexcube users and act as a liaison with other members of the implementation team. Work with users to elicit and identify business requirements. Document business requirements utilizing use cases and data flow diagrams. You will lead workshops to describe application functionality and the ability to support current business functions and processes, determine functional gaps, propose workarounds, and identify potential areas of development. In this role, you will be responsible for explaining application functionality and answering functional question from project stakeholders.
Translate business requirements into functional specifications. You must have the ability to interpret requirements and create sufficiently detailed documents, diagrams and workflows. The specifications could include data mapping, interface requirements, and workflow/business logic. Work with technology staff to ensure an accurate understanding of the specifications and product to be delivered. Provide documentation support of interface, reporting, and data conversion requirements and specifications.
Work with Project and Program management to identify deliverables, estimate analysis effort, create project schedules and preliminary budgets for implementations.
Assist the technology staff to configure the system and business parameters. This could include the maintenance of static parameters, advice formats, security, chart of accounts, account definitions, etc.
Assist the Testing staff by explaining functionality in their development of test use cases and scripts. During testing, you will assist in defect analysis by validating conformance to requirements. Occasional onsite QA users support during SIT, UAT, and PVT phases.
Provide post-implementation assistance to end users in the adoption of new systems and processes. This will also include analytic and documentation support of production change and release management.
- Min. 3 years experience as a Business Analyst or Consultant in an IT environment.
- Experience implementing and/or supporting multi-currency, multi-branch Banking applications.
- Experience implementing and/or supporting Banking Products – Liquidity, Accounting, Information Reporting, Risk Management, Cash pooling, DDA, etc.
- Business Analysis or Project Lead support of at least one Core Banking system implementation.
Must have skills
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to solve complex problems and issues.
- International banking
- Payment system
- Bank Accounting
- Banking Domain experience (DDA, Payments, Funds Transfer, International Cash Management, SWIFT /Messaging, Trade Services)
- Flexcube Configuration experience (Core/ GL, FT, Clearing, IC, CASA).
- CBS Oracle, Service bus
- Query languages – PL/SQL
- Microsoft Office skills, including Powerpoint
Nice to have skills
Proficiency in diagramming tools is required, MS Visio preferred. Knowledge of UML language and diagram standards is also desired.