MicroStrategy is a company behind graphical and visualization solutions for reports. Working on this project, we tested how the software works for Palmers. We checked several reports, overall performance, user experience for sales, marketing, inventory, and other reports. The total number of issues was 6, including 2 major ones. The main problem was that many reports didn’t meet the goals of users and their departments. Also, results were unverified, so it was barely possible to rely on them.
- Define key users in each department related to the reporting processes
- Define the most essential reports for each department
- Identify goals, set priorities based on general and fashion-retail KPIs
- Prepare necessary supporting documents, manuals, and data glossary
- Test the environment, run data verification procedures
- Train end-users after the system upgrade
- Use SAP reports, if possible, instead of MicroStrategy