According to Statista, ERP software is the biggest segment of the EAS market and income from it reached $82.27 billion in 2016. Almost 94% companies think their security has improved with cloud services, involving ERP. Additionally, for many small companies, the cloud is the only solution to align their work with the Accountability Act and Health Insurance Portability. The cloud brings investment flexibility, and 22% of the businesses admit cost savings as an outcome.
What Is ERP Programming
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is a management software that will give a company an integrated frame of applications that run all possible sides of the business.
Reasons for implementing ERP are obvious: deep union of all functions that are core for the businesses. ERP systems can be easily integrated and aligned with the company’s needs.
Types of ERP Software
- Web-based software that may be accessed from various external devices.
- Client/Server software that only works locally.
- SaaS software that is also available online by the contract (limited number of transactions).
ERP development company will assist your business with reliable data collection and accurate product. The key goal is decreasing the costs and speeding up processes with automation.
Innovative technology and usage of social networks have been influenced by development and implementation of ERP software. That’s why there are 4 new trends to offer for the businesses:
- Mobile ERP. Nowadays, people spend more time by using their apps than the desktop version of the products/services. Customers prefer to shop on-the-go in a rush, so companies need to deliver real-time customer support. Moreover, there is a demand to have mobile ERP solutions for data-driven insights and reports.
- Cloud. Cloud-hosted ERP websites offer quicker and cheaper, smarter IT solutions. Such software is easy to install and cost-effective.
- Social. This trend has been supplemented to ERP systems to control, gather and analyze social interaction data.
- Modular ERP. This is a useful trend for the non-enterprise (independent) users as it helps to choose and integrate only specific features they need.
So, the vision “what is ERP programming” is much more expended and gained new features to meet clients’ demands.
Guaranteed software project success with a free 30-minute strategy session!
ERP Development Tools
ERP development tools have huge value to bring to the table. Most of them are client-oriented, AI-driven and easy-to-use.
- SAP Business One brings powerful automation of the main financial processes. It has 17 functional productivity components for integrated business intelligence. Moreover, with SAP Business One, users may select a cloud or local in-house version.
- NetSuite ERP is used by thousands of organizations for the whole amount of their accounting requests: streamlined revenue and expense management; real-time visibility of key company’s financial data.
- ECount ERP. If you have a lack of coding skills, feel free to use this tool. Furthermore, updates are synced automatically without any additional fees to upgrade the system.
- Odoo covers PM and sales issues by using e-commerce functions, POS, MRP. The system has already 2 million users and is used in 23 languages. This tool is so popular because of its usability, cloud-based solution for various enterprises.
- Sage 100 ERP serves mid-sized and small companies to deal with their resources. It involves operation and financial functionality, key accounting, manufacturing, business intelligence, distribution, human resources, etc.
Sage 100 ERP makes it possible to track the outcomes and handle difficult processes. Moreover, it has a flexible pricing scheme according to your company’s possibilities.
There are more tools out there but let’s focus our attention on the most efficient programming language for ERP development.
Most Efficient Programming Language
ERP software matches today’s fast-paced business environment and simplifies many business processes. Let’s consider the most common languages to create valuable IT products.
#1 Java perfectly works for big enterprises. This is architecturally-neutral, handy, dynamic, and efficient language. It is commonly used with cloud solutions and offers a lot of flexibility. Java is aimed to work across different software platforms.
Another benefit is simplicity in coding and high UI for both desktop and mobile experiences. Java brings security standards, so companies may download anything from non-trusted resources without any damages.
Java has good networking abilities, and companies can reuse the codes for any business needs. Besides, it is called best programming language for cloud computing.
#2 PHP is an open-source programming language that is helpful on Web servers. It is portable, fast and accurate with self-documenting features. The latest PHP version applies less memory and allows using autonomous classes. Additionally, error handling property simplifies the process. In addition, PHP allows creating strong algorithms to meet large organizations’ expectations.
If you look for the best platform for ERP development, explore Symfony, Laravel, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, etc. These frameworks have proven their importance and are the most popular.
#3 SQL: self-governed features exclude system failures and refine productivity. Automated backup delivers data accessibility and restoration eliminates manual tasks.
The main goal is to retrieve and upgrade records from databases while saving all the needed data. SQL is maintained by non-relational and relational cloud database services.
This is an interpreted language, goal-oriented, easy to read and use. It keeps in structured and functional programming methods and may be used to byte-code for creating large applications.
Python offers high-level dynamic types of data and maintains its checking. Moreover, it serves auto garbage collection.
Python and Ruby may be perceived as the best language for CRM with quick databases. Ruby often used as a Web back end and has a few useful features such as dynamic typing and modules to isolate extensions from each other. This is a self-hosting language with an ability to broaden classes and modules.
It is aimed to supplement animations, automation and create interactive websites. Some web developers believe that this is the best programming language for business applications because of their wide features for simple and difficult tasks. The client-side option makes it possible to reach remotely all the scripts.
The main attribute of C++ is a list of predefined classes that may be used multiple times. It involves user-defined classes to launch specific functionality. The most common use of C++ is for Android development.
There are many opinions about the best programming language for enterprise web applications and the best programming language for business applications. It is challenging to pick one, so read our brief overview and pick the language that fits your demands and expectations.
What about Results?
When you gather all aspects of your business together, you start succeeding. ERP has the power to turn a mess into a well-organized structure and create value for each side of the cooperation. By implementing it smoothly, you may combine different boards under one roof. So, organizations can refine their productivity.
Enterprises that have used ERP system, noticed a cost reduction, new opportunities to handle customer relationships. For example, it helps to separate the user base into low and high-value categories, focusing on business development efforts on higher-value clients. With these innovative ERP systems, it is simpler to ensure meaningful and on time relationships. This is great opportunity to respond to the clients’ concerns and fulfill their needs.
ERP development tools bring transparency, make the services/products competitive, greater control. It helps to keep everything up to date and streamline the operations.
This infographic shows users’ satisfaction from software integration. In most cases, companies don’t track the results, that’s why they aren’t aware of the effect on their businesses.
So, there is no one most efficient programming language but a lot of tools and ways to build innovative ERP software. Cloud-based solutions make the products more accessible while saving costs and adding flexibility. The global revenue of it keeps growing which proves its value and importance.
Guaranteed software project success with a free 30-minute strategy session!